Thursday, January 22, 2009

Someone Deserves a Raise

Note to Blake Lively:
When I received my December 2008 issue of W Magazine, I was a little bit surprised to see you on the cover. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Gossip Girl, and I think you looked gorgeous on the cover. It is simply the fact that, as far as I know, you don't have any movies coming out to promote, and usually the high fashion magazines put models or more established actresses on the cover (a la Sarah Jessica Parker and Angelina Jolie).

Then a couple of days ago, I opened my mailbox and saw this...


You scored a cover of Vogue?! Again you look amazing, reminiscent of a 1930's screen goddess. I don't know who your publicist is, but they deserve a HUGE raise. This kind of publicity gives you clout and credibility in the fashion world, and your career is just starting. I look forward to seeing where you are going to pop up next. Also, side note, your hair is beyond beautiful. As I am watching Gossip Girl I covet your hair, and your boyfriend/possible future stepbrother Dan.

Note to Readers:
I think I may have to change the title of my blog to Fit Noted, because even the beautiful Blake fell victim to a poorly fitting ensemble at the recent Golden Globes.


The dress is too tight, and the gathering and puckering of the satin fabric of her Nina Ricci gown, makes this cover girl look like as if she exhales the seams are going to bust open. So, again for the zillionth time just because you can fit into something, does not mean it is your size. Make sure the fit of the garment is flattering to your figure, and the fabric is not pulled too tightly around your body. Have a good day, and I'll "see" you tomorrow.

1 comment:

E-Train said...

OMG I just saw this picture and I totally thought she looked fat because of it-and she definitely is not fat. I need you to come be my stylist!