Thursday, October 29, 2009

New York Fashion Week Part IV

Walk Through at 3.1 Phillip Lim
Note to Readers:
The Spring/Summer 2010 3.1 Phillip Lim runway show in Bryant Park kind of rocked my world (and when I say kind of I mean absolutely) This was one of the biggest shows of fashion week, and it did not disappoint! I was lucky enough to go backstage while the models were getting ready and I got to see the organization of the show. I even got to see Mr. Lim himself, giving interviews to press. While backstage I got to sneak a peek at the clothing and it is gorgeous up close! I pretty much died and went to fashion heaven.


The hustle and bustle backstage

Me backstage, please pardon the shiny face. I guess in my elation I forgot to use powder?
Before the show started, I was lucky enough to chat with model Ali Stephens before she worked the runway. She is darling and gave me some tips about how to get a good seat.
Ali getting her hair and make up done
I also took some videos just for you, my dear readers. I thought by narrating them, I would be able to help you see what was going on backstage. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how annoying my voice is, so I apologize!


Note to Phillip Lim:
I LOVED your show. The clothes were a perfect blend of well-designed basics with unique detailing to keep them from being boring. The red looks that started the show, worked well with the crocodile prints that followed them, which worked with the sequins that followed them, that worked with the dresses that followed them. My favorite pieces from the collection?Allow me to show you...
I die over this sequined number. I wouldn't object if you sent me one for my birthday?


This was the final look you sent down the runway, and I love how Karlie Kloss looks in these tiered ruffles.

To see the complete collection and read a review, please click here.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Annoying voice? Rubbish. I appreciated the narration. I would not have known that was Phillip Lim otherwise.

Suzy Hicks said...

Lisa, i love your voice in what you write. You are so witty; I could read your entries for hours! Fun you got to go to fashion week, glad you had such a good time.

Heather Fish Pearl Swimwear said...

How fantastic! So happy for you!! I'm sure you fit right in - you classy girl!