Friday, June 26, 2009

Here We Go Again

Note to Paris:
I have not posted about you for a while, but sometimes I swear these posts write themselves. I get what you are trying to do here, with the patent leather and excessive amounts of lycra, but this is not working. Not at all. I promise I will stop writing negative things about you, as soon as you stop wearing such ridiculous ensembles.

Note to Readers:
Have you ever thought, "If I had a lot of money, I would have a lot better style." I know I fall victim to that pity party sometimes, but let Paris be a lesson to you... money does not buy style or taste. Her boots in the above photo are YSL, and their retail price is around $1000. Who knew it could cost so much to look cheap?

It isn't the boots that ruin the look, I have seen them in magazine ads and they look kind of cool. It is entire combination, from the fingerless gloves to the reflective pants.

You can find great pieces to build a wardrobe around at many price points, you just need to be resourceful.

2 comments:

Katherine Fajen said...

what's the problem with her outfit? i think she looks slammin.

marisa said...

omygosh its so funny reading your posts bcause they are so true!! I saw those ysl boots in elle and they looked so cool but paris makes them look lame... she just overdoes everything i guess