Friday, March 6, 2009

Bravo Balmain

Note to Christophe Decarnin:
I am infatuated with your Fall 2009 Ready-to-Wear Balmain collection. From the skinny capri-length jeans, to the exaggerated shoulders, to the funky mini-dresses, you really had a strong collection. I liked that a lot of what you presented can be worn on a night out. While I enjoy a dramatic fashion show, I like that you kept the model's hair and makeup simple, and let the clothes be the main focal point. Well done.

Note to Readers:
Thanks for coming back after the delay. Next week I am going to be writing about some of the fashion dos and don'ts I saw while in Las Vegas. It is one of my favorite places to people watch. 

Back to Fashion Week, this week the shows are in Paris. This is arguably where the creme de la creme get to have their fashion shows. If you want to check out what the designers have on the runways for next fall, style.com is a great place to start. I like to look at the shows for inspiration, and then try to figure out how I can incorporate new trends into my look. I hope you all have as much fun with the new fashions as I do.

No comments: